- Know the basic age groupings and what types of injuries or diseases are most common in each of these age groups.
- Describe the usual causes, the pathogenesis, the treatment, and the possible clinical outcomes of hyaline membrane disease.
- Know the common genetic and congenital abnormalities as well as the more common metabolic disorders in children.
- Be familiar with the cause and pathogenesis of cystic fibrosis.
- Know the types of tumors or tumor-like growths that can occur in children of various age groups.