Welcome to the Pathology Education Instructional Resource (PEIR), a web teaching resource and informatics training grounds developed and directed by the Division of Genomic Diagnostics & Bioinformatics in the Department of Pathology at UAB and Peter Anderson, DVM, PhD. Please contact Dr. Anderson directly if you have any interest in contributing and/or editing content.
- The PEIR Digital Library contains more than 30,000 curated teaching images, and is our flagship project.
- Virtual Microscopy (PEIR VM) is a compehensive teaching repository of whole slide images.
- IPLab is a comprehensive online course in classic pathology.
- Histologic is a comprehensive histology manual.
- Cytologically Yours is an online cytopathology teaching resource for pathology residents and fellows.