- With regards to bacterial infections, be able to describe the mechanisms of infection and proliferation, the pathogenesis of the disease caused, and any coincident conditions needed to affect pathogenicity.
- Describe the morphology of Neisseria meningitidis and the characteristics, clinical setting, pathology, methods of diagnosis, and treatment of the infection it causes.
- Be able to give the morphology of the genus Clostridium and to list associated diseases, clinical setting, and method of spread.
- Define rheumatic fever and lists its associations; describe its clinical appearance, pathogenesis, gross and microscopic pathology, and pathologic consequences.
- Describe the morphology of the Actinomycetaceae; be able to discuss their pathogenicity and any factors that increase their pathogenicity.