From Pathology Education Instructional Resource
- Be able to define ischemia, hypoxia, hypoxemia, and anoxia.
- Know how free radicals cause cell injury. Be able to describe how they are formed, how they cause injury, and how the reactions are stopped.
- Describe cellular hydropic swelling and give its most common cause.
- Define pinocytosis, phagocytosis, heterophagy, and autophagy.
- Understand the processes involved in reversible and irreversible injury and be able to characterize the tissue response to each.
- Know the pathogenesis and the morphologic characteristics of the various types of necrosis.