From Pathology Education Instructional Resource
- Be familiar with the terminology used to describe disturbances of growth.
- Know the specific characteristics that define pre-malignant, benign, and malignant neoplasms.
- Know the various processes and mechanisms that predispose/cause neoplastic transformation.
- Become familiar with the histologic characteristics and growth patterns of pre-malignant, benign, and malignant neoplasms.
- Understand grading and staging of neoplasms and know the significance of each.
- Be familiar with the main markers used for cancer diagnosis and why these are important for determining treatment regimens.