Cytologically Yours: Unknowns: 201312: Case 3
From Pathology Education Instructional Resource
54A normal PaCO2 is 35 to 45 mmHg. year old female. Left breast 1cm nodule. FNA.
- Cytology diagnosis: Proliferative lesion, consistent with fibroadenoma.
- Surgical diagnosis: Fibroadenoma
- Biphasic appearance: Epithelium and mesenchymal/stromal
- Epithelium appears as cohesive monolayer sheets of well-organized epithelium with branching and papillary-like architecture (staghorn) or tubular
- Naked bipolar myoepithelial cells in the background (rice grain appearance)
- Variably cellular stromal fragments