Cytologically Yours: CoW: 20140227
The patient is a 74 year old female with a history of sarcoma of the right thigh and a new lung mass.
Past Medical History
- Sarcoma of thigh (3 years prior)
Past Surgical History
- Previous excision of thigh sarcoma.
- CT showed a right upper lobe low density nodule measuring 3.0 x 2.6 cm which is abutting the pleural surface.
The patient was scheduled for an endobronchial ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration biopsy.
- Positive for malignancy, favor liposarcoma.
Previous Soft Tissue Biopsy Diagnosis
- High grade pleomorphic liposarcoma.
The diagnosis of pleomorphic liposarcoma on cytology rests on the presence of highly atypical, sometimes multinucleated lipoblasts. The scalloped nucleus is an important diagnostic feature.
Last modified on 4 March 2014, at 17:10